Summer Reading List?? Any Suggestions?
It's Memorial Weekend Friday Today, which marks the real start to the summer
drinking reading season in NYC. So I'm looking for some suggestions to round out my summer reading list while on the beach at Fire Island. So far I've picked up these:
- Art Incorporated, The story of Contemporary Art, by Julian Stallabrass (already two-thirds finished.. not too good so far!)
- An Inner Silence: The Portraits of Henri Cartier-Bresson by Agnes Sire & Jean-Luc Nancy
- Talking Prices: Symbolic Meaning of Prices on the Market for Contemporary Art by Olav Velthuis
- I Bought Andy Warhol by Richard Polsky
- The Worth of Art: Pricing the Priceless by Judith Benhamou-Huet
Any new "must read book" that I'm missing?? All suggestions welcome!
And FYI.. NO, this is not me in the photo silly!! It's Nan Goldin's "C.Z. and Maz on the Beach" 1976 from The Ballad of Sexual Dependency.. and also, not so coincidentally, The MAO family art collection!.
Have a fun Long Weekend!