Ryan McGinness - Art Image of the week
Since last weeks Image of the week by Josephine Meckseper had so many interesting thoughts and comments.. Thanks much, very appreciated for all whom commented.. let's try this again this week.
This weeks pick, is by Artist Ryan McGinness.
He has made some really fanciful "Paintings." Ryan's work is included in some of the most prestigious museum collections around the world.
The image is named "Arab Cadilac Generator" and is acrylic on wood panel, 48inches in diameter.
For anyone going out to East Hampton this summer, Ryan McGinness has an impressive show of new work at Glenn Horowitz Bookseller on Newtown Lane, East Hampton which is on view till July 3rd. Plus Rizzoli published a book last year, Ryan McGinness, Installationview.
OK MAO painting experts.. what do you think of this painting and the Ryan McGinness work?
- Love it or hate it? Trash or Treasure?
- A Great visionary panting or just a simple graphic doodle?
- Lots of emotional image depth, or just a typographical flourish which belongs somewhere on the margin of a hallmark card?
- Clinical graphic gimmicks, or contemplative fields of intimate meditation?
- Revolutionary artist to be collected, or passing commercial fad, just an icon of the over hyped age of contemporary art?
While I have to say, these drawings/paintings look much better in person, than on line, I think I'm still very much on the artistic fence when it comes to liking these.