Art Image of the Week - Painter Jules de Balincourt
I've been feeling very anti-Bush political lately.. Maybe it's just all this Israeli Hezbollah hullabaloo.. and seeing our current administrations total failure to do anything helpful in the Middle East that's got me depressed. Maybe it's been reading about this
naughty black sheep Ex-Ohio bloggers trip home that keeps me thinking.. what were those stupid mis-informed people in OHIO thinking when they voted again for GW Bush! Yikes! Well.. Anyway...
So this weeks Art image is a painting by French born artist Jules de Balincourt.
It's titled "US World Studies III, 2005," Oil, Acrylic and Enamel on Panel, 150 x 183cm.
Jules is one of those young hot artists represented by the Dealer with the Golden touch Zach Feuer.
Jules has had several solo shows at the Zach Feuer/LFL Gallery, and was featured in Musee d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris, the PS 1 Great NY show last year, and past Whitney Biennial just to name a few. He'll be included in the up coming USA Today show.
Plus Notes and Queries, Joao Ribas, just chose Jules to be his pick for the Salzburg HangArt-7 exhibition, saying Balincourt's work stands as some of the most affective and politically charged painting of the last decade..[more...]
So what do you think of this painting and of Jules de Balincourt's work??
- Outsider Art Genius, or just more Flat Folk Art Feuer Funk ?
- A Jasper Johns want-to-be pop artist or a new Visionary Virtuoso ?
- An Artist on the Verge of a Breakthrough or Breakdown ?
- A 32 Year Old, Hunter M.F.A. in the prime of his career,or just another Hyper-Zack Attack ?
- Is it a psychedelic-palette of plain political paranoia, or simply smart social studied structures of sophisticated cynicism?
- Cartoonish, or future art icon?
All thoughts are welcome...