Some Good can come from a Republican President
The MAO editorial Staff was off today...Thank You Mr. President, All Americans are grateful for your many years of devoted government service. May you rest in peace.
President Ford: Although a 12-handicap golfer for much of his career and one of the most athletic President's ever, ironically, President Ford is remembered most for a ski accident, falling down the stairs of Air Force One, SNL skits, and numerous hit golf spectators.
Here are some memorable Ford quotes we found :
- "Government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
- "I am a Ford, not a Lincoln."
- "I am acutely aware that you have not elected me as your President by your ballots, so I ask you to confirm me with your prayers."
- "I had pro offers from the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers, who were pretty hard up for linemen in those days. If I had gone into professional football, the name Jerry Ford might have been a household word today."
- "I know I am getting better at golf because I am hitting fewer spectators."
- "If Lincoln were alive today, he'd be turning over in his grave."
- "Things are more like today than they have ever been before."